Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduating from the Master of Arts in English program, the graduates should have acquired the following:
- Demonstrate exceptional comptencies and skills to contribute to the enrichment of language and literature;
- Exhibit a strong sense of professionalism in dealing with others in the social milleu;
- Display good ledership in the exercise of their work;
- Undertake and utilize related research to advance language proficiency and literary skills;
- Advocate the appreciation and enjoyment of literary heritage through outreach and extension activities; and
- Exhibit a strong desire for continuing professional and personal growth.
A Master of Arts in English graduate should be able to:
- practice advanced and scientific knowledge and skills in their specialized, interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary field of expertise
- conduct individual, and/or collaborative research with a peer/fellow student/group
- assumes responsibility to engage oneself to life-long learning that necessitates individual or collaborative effort with the interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary experts
- apply related skills in research, professional, or creative works in one’s expertise.